Saturday, May 19, 2012

Site Announcement


            Alright, this post is going to be very quick, just a quick correction of my last post, some photos, and my site announcement!  Firstly, despite what a host uncle, aunt, cousin, and sister told me last week was NOT my host sister’s wedding, but rather her engagement party.  Sometimes I think they just like to confuse me on purpose, they laughed pretty hard when explaining the wedding is actually in August.  Apparently it’ll be a pretty similar party, but much bigger.  As the party last week was pretty big it sounds both exciting and terrifying.

            Secondly, my host family gave me permission to put up some photos of them!


My oldest host sister, all bedecked in henna for the party the next day.


My host mother and the next oldest sister.


My younger host brother, the youngest sibling.


My youngest host sister.


My older host brother and me.


My host mother and me.  Notice my host sister dancing in the background.


            Thirdly, my final site.  As before I’m not supposed to give my exact location on a public forum (feel free to ask in private), but for the next two years I’ll be in a small town in the Middle Atlas.  Judging by Google satellite view I’m right next to a mountain, and there should be tons of good hiking.  It’s deeper into the mountain range than Azrou was, so it should be even more dramatic.  It’s supposed to be beautiful, and not too far from a center of Amizigh music, so I’m really excited!  More to come, I’m sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment